So it's my birthday today...yeah me! I'm turning 24 in exactly one hour. Although I've had many dreams for my life, I never thought I'd be sitting her at this point with my life the way it is. For many years I thought I'd be married by now, after all, most of my friends are. Or at least in a relationship. But God has other plans, the specifics which I am not entirely clear about. But I'm content to wait on His time for everything.
You might now about my involvement with STEP (Skills Training for Emergency Preparedness), a four week girls camp in TX. For the past several years, it has been a big part of my summer. I was a student in 2006, a team leader in 2007, and a group leader in 2009 and 2010. THis year I won't be able to take part in the same capacity. My BSN classes will not finish until Aug. so that will take up a deal of my time. Recently however the coordinator, a fellow student from 2006, asked me and my sister about teaching the class on sibling relationships. It wasn't something that I had considered before (I have been looking into becoming a first-aid/CPR instructor) and at first I wasn't so sure about it. But it seems that maybe God is opening this door to be a part of STEP despite my classes.
So although I'm not sure how it will all work out, I'm going to see what God does. He has given me a few ideas already- turned out to be stick figure drawings!
so back to my birthday! I was able to sleep in late this morning, which actually happens most everyday, so nothing special there. But then I went to get my haircut. My sister started at a new salon so she booked me in. Then I went for Starbucks! Back to the salon for my makeover and picked up a few products. My dad surprised my by bringing me roses- gorgeous coral/yellow ones (which I can dry and add to my bouquet from the wedding!). And now I'm sitting in the bookstore doing some emails and updating my blog! When my sister gets off, us and dad are going out to the driving range for a bit. Then mum has a special dessert event planned!
I don't buy books very often (unless they are for school!) but I got myself a birthday present.
~ Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
The story is based on the book of Hosea but set in 1850 California. It had been recommended by several friends and I finally bought it. Of course it was 50% off plus my member 10% discount!
Redeeming Love
No comments:
Post a Comment