FYI this post has been in drafts since mid April!
I've had mixed feelings about my job from day 1. While I love being a nurse, there is a lot of drama and chaos that I'd rather not deal with. This usually happens to come from coworkers and patient family members. In the nine months I've been there I can count on one hand the number of patients that have been difficult, and some was due to dementia. The most memorable case though the patient appalogized to me later for being rude. But the work drama has started to wear on me. I did go through a rough patch around the holidays in which I was extremely close to quitting. I've gotten over all that as things don't seem to be quite as crazy. But I still don't feel content at work for the most part. It's a feeling I've tried to shake off but it never seems to go away. And it's slowly started to eat away at me.
Judi
ReplyDeleteI can completely relate to this ... soul searching and prayer ... my goal is to continue with the BSN so I can hopefully move out of direct patient care. I want to continue to serve as a nurse, but I am not sure how much longer I can do direct patient care ...
Praying for you my friend :)